What Is An Unshaven Hair Transplant?
As the name suggests, an unshaven hair transplant is a hair transplant procedure where the patient’s head needs no shaven. In the FUE technique, the area of surgery on the scalp is shaven for ease of operation. However, some patients are not ok with this as it will leave them with an unwanted look. Especially women would like to have their hair unshaven during hair transplant procedure. This is because they usually have long hair and some shaven areas will distort how the hair will look after surgery.
Actually, unshaven hair transplant is the DHI technique, which is classified under the FUE method.
During DHI, your doctor will collect the hair follicles and then directly implant them into the recipient area. As they will not need to open channels before transplantation begins, they will not have to shave the recipient area. Before DHI, doctors could not do a hair transplant with an unshaven area of surgery. Thanks to, Choi implanter, your doctor now will give you a hair transplant easily without the need to shave.
Choi Implanter Pen?
This special hair transplant device is a pen-like tool that ensures that your doctor will implant hair follicles easily in one session. IN FUE and other hair transplant techniques, your doctor will first have to collect the grafts and then put them in a solution while they open channels in the recipient area. After opening channels, they will be able to harvest the hair follicles into the channels. However, with Choi implanter, your doctor can open channels and implant the grafts at the same time.
A pen-like tool, Choi implanter has a needle-like structure on the top and works just like a piston pump. Your doctor will first collect grafts from the donor area and then put the grafts on this tool. They will then implant the grafts one by one in the right direction considering the angle of hair growth. The needle on the top does not cause pain to the scalp. However, your doctor will probably still use some local anesthetics. Your doctor will probably use 5-10 Choi implanter pen with 16-20 needles. The needles that will not be used a second time after the operation are chosen to take into account the characteristics of the patient’s hair and scalp. The size of these tips should be adjusted by the patient’s hair follicles and scalp.
Advantages Of An Unshaven Hair Transplant
Unshaven hair transplant or DHI technique provides both the patient and the surgeon a lot of advantages. Here are some of the advantages of an unshaven hair transplant:
- Shorter recovery time. The patients will continue their everyday life a few days after the surgery.
- No shaving.
- Hair transplants will not be noticeable since the patient will no shave.
- Choi implanter is quite safe and there will be minimum harm caused to the scalp.
- As there will be minimum harm to the scalp, the grafts will be safer, which will lead to better results.
- Low risk of bleeding as it is a minimally invasive surgery.
Disadvantages Of An Unshaven Hair Transplant
Even though DHI technique is even more advanced than the FUE with a variety of advantages, this technique has still some disadvantages. Here are some of the disadvantages of an unshaven hair transplant:
- The surgery will be costly as compared to other techniques.
- The grafts will not be kept in special solutions that feed and strengthen hair follicles so the chances to hold onto the scalp may be lower.
- The doctor may have difficulty seeing the scalp since the hair will be long, which will increase the risks and post-operative complications. So the patient will have to take very good care of their hair the improve the surgery results.
Patients should take good care of their hair and follow the doctor’s instructions to improve the results of the hair transplant procedure. If not, the hair follicles may not hold onto the scalp and the hair transplant procedure may fail. Here are a few things you should follow in the recovery period:
- Do not wash your hair for three days following the surgery. Your doctor will first wash your hair with a lotion and then you will keep washing your hair every day for 15 days.
- Do not do heavy exercises for at least a month after the surgery.
- To keep swelling to a minimum, sleep with a high pillow, and prevent the area of surgery from touching the pillow.
- Eat well to give the hair follicles nutrients for healthy hair growth.